AWS and SWS Type Large Angle Beam Transducers
AWS and SWS type transducers have interchangeable wedges (sold separately)
- Maximum versatility and service life
- Custom wedge angles and curvatures can be special ordered
- AWS models available for AWS Structural Welding Code D1.1
- High temperature wedges available for testing to 200°C (400°F)
- BNC connector, top mount
$361.00 – $1,188.00
Request a Quote
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
These probes are designed to fit on removable wedges. Refracted shear wave angles may be specified as required.
The AWS series are designed to meet or exceed all of the requirements outlined in AWS Structural Welding Code D1.1.
All SWS and AWS transducers utilize captive screws for fastening the probe to the wedge and have top-mount BNC connectors. High temperature wedges are for temperatures up to 400° F (205 °C).
Benchmark series SWS and AWS Style Angle Beam Transducers feature proprietary BENCHMARK COMPOSITE active elements. They are available in the same range of sizes and fit the same removable wedges as the Gamma series. Benchmark series offer a superior combination of sensitivity, resolution, and penetration for punching through highly attenuative materials. They are especially beneficial when signal to noise ratio is a problem, for example coarse grain materials and fiber reinforced composites.
• General weld inspection, larger objects, thicker sections
• Pipes, tanks, pressure vessels
• Axles, forgings, castings
• Bridges and other structures
• Railroad wheels and rail