Sitescan D-50 Ultrasonic Flaw Detector
The Sonatest Sitescan D-50 offers the end user an entry level broadband flaw detector in the popular and portable casing of the established D-Series; with a full VGA display, a 50nS (Spike) 200V, a Pulser 0.5dB gain resolution and an optional rubber boot.
Typical applications are Weld Fabrication, Corrosion Detection, Forgings & Castings and general UT inspection.
Request a Quote
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
Reliable, Rugged & Robust
An instrument’s ability to perform in harsh environments with proven reliability is an important aspect of flaw detector ownership and this is enhanced by the Sitescan D-50’s outstanding battery performance which is up to 18 hours from full charge. The Sitescan D-50’s enclosure is constructed using automotive grade impact resistant materials and offers excellent water resistance. Explosive Testing MIL810-G standards have been passed, together with environmental testing which has confirmed the instrument fully functioning at temperatures above 55ºC. The Sitescan D-50 has a colour transflective VGA display, providing high visibility in any lighting conditions. Maximum readability is achieved through adjustable brightness and the choice of 9 colour palettes, including a black-on-white LCD emulation mode.
Advanced Defect Sizing Tools as Standard
Weld and pipe inspection are major applications for the Sitescan D-50 which is equipped with the latest software tools for defect sizing. The use of integrated sizing software reduces analysis time and speeds inspection. Multiple standard sizing techniques are essential for service companies working to different customer standards, especially as service work becomes more international and operators are required to work to different codes.
UT-Lity Data Management Software
UT-Lity software provides everything you need to manage your inspection data. The standard (Lite) version is FREE with every instrument and gives you the ability to view, move and manage Calibrations, A-Scans, B-Scans and Thickness Logs both on the instrument and on your PC. With UT-Lity you can also create customized inspection report templates, cut-n-paste information to other applications and create printable pdf documents.
- Load, store, manage files both on the PC and on a connected flaw detector
- Save, analyse, colour code and export thickness logging data to spreadsheets/asset management software
- Update the Flaw Detector and Firmware as and when updates become available on our website
Sizing Techniques and Software Options include:
- DAC (Standard) – Defined by up to 20 reference points or converted from TCG curve and digitally drawn on the screen. DAC curves meet the requirements of EN, ASME, JIS and many other standards. Custom DAC curves can be selected. DAC dynamic range can be extended by automatically adjusting the reference curve to match the reference gain. Scanning Gain and T-Loss available as separate controls. Amplitude readout is selectable between %FSH, % DAC or relative dB
- Split DAC & DGS/AVG (Option) – Adds up to 3 zones of added gain (+12dB, +24dB) to the DAC or DGS/AVG curve to enable single-pass scanning of large sections and attenuative materials. Conforms to EN583-2:2001.
- TCG (Option) – Time corrected or “Swept” gain, defined by up to 20 reference points or converted from a DAC curve. All points converted to 80% screen height.
- Backwall Echo Attenuation (BEA) (Option) (*requires TCG) – 0-40dB attenuation applied to the latter part of the time base, to improve the detectability of defects near the back wall and the loss of BWE due to porosity.
- AWS (Option) – Built-in calculation and display of factors and parameters required by AWS D1.1
- AVG/DGS (Option) – Enables the calculation of pseudo “DAC” curve and equivalent reflector size of UT indications, based on user input of transducer parameters.
- API (Option) – On-board flaw sizing method in accordance with API 5UE.
- Interface Trigger (Option) – Unlocks the interface trigger gate controls, which hold off the A-Scan acquisition and display until an interface echo is detected within a specific range and amplitude. Used for the elimination of water-path.
- Corrosion Software (Option) (Includes B-Scan) – Enables complex inspection plans to be uploaded from a PC using the on board UTility software. Features include 2 dimensional thickness logging, storing A-Logs and B-Logs with thickness values, taking multiple readings per location and note creation for each grid location. B-Scan option available to display bar-graph views of thickness readings taken by Gate 1 against distance or time.
Sitescan D-50 Standard Kit Includes:
- Sitescan D-50 Digital Flaw Detector
- Battery, Charger, charger mains cable
- User Guide & Calibration Certificate
- Certificate of Conformance
- Carry Bag
- UTLity & USB cable
- Display Window Cover
- Ultrasonic Couplant