Echomac® FD6 Multi-Channel UT
The Echomac® FD6 Muti-Channel UT instrument from Magnetic Analysis Corporation builds on the success and wide acceptance of earlier Echomac® models, the FD-6 and 6A achieve new levels of improved signal to noise ratio, finer adjustments, improved thickness resolution, repeatability, and reliability.
Request a Quote
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
For Flaw Detection, Thickness & Dimensional Measurement in Tube & Bar.
- Versatile Ultrasonic tester with superior performance and versatile, intuitive operation.
- For full inspection of tubes, pipes and bars, plate and weld.
- Operate on or off line.
- Upgrade and/or replace older ultrasonic testers.
- Use with rotary, spin-the-tube, squirter and bubbler installations.
- Vivid, real time, flicker free full color display of test signals, thresholds and settings.
- Up to 32 independent channels in one instrument.
- Model 6A is GE Qualified as of 9-6-16 for P3TF31 Class A & B, & P29TF82 Class A & B, typical requirements for nuclear and aerospace applications.
- Flaw detection, thickness measurement, dimensional evaluation, eccentricity calculation, weld inspection and characterization.
- Set up and control of all key test parameters on one screen with a click of the mouse or keyboard.
- Thresholds can be moved by selecting and dragging on screen and a “Global” key allows parameters for several channels to be adjusted at once, or copied from one channel to another.
- The chart screen shows strip charting and defect logging of all events, up to 32 channels or functional groups, in live or replay mode.
- Full tracking of end suppression, defect marking capability, and customizable data retention are included
- Use with MAC’s Echomac® Rotary Ultrasonic Transducer assembly as well as with other existing immersion, bubbler or squirter type and “spin the tube” installations
- Can replace any commercial ultrasonic instrument in almost any application.
- Includes extremely flexible tracking, sorting and recording functionality that enables very close end testing and normalized recording which compensates for the many inspection planes necessary in complex multi-transducer configurations.
For applications that do not require extreme dynamic gain response, the recently improved FD4e Echomac® can be a viable lower priced option. FD4e can be a modern, economical alternative for many everyday UT applications. The FD4e utilizes a spike pulser, but has fixed FPGA functionality.