Zetec NDT Sweeper
The Zetec NDT Sweeper is a highly versatile manual 2D encoded scanner that is the perfect tool for quick Ultrasonic Testing (UT) examinations. NDT Sweeper can virtually replace multiple specialized scanners as a result of its ability to scan both on flat and curved surfaces. It’s ideal for a range of applications including long seam weld inspections and corrosion mapping.
Thanks to its small, lightweight and ergonomic design, NDT Sweeper can easily scan in many difficult to reach areas eliminating the need to deploy an automatic scanner in those situations. Unlike wheel probes, both axes are encoded so there is no need to draw an index line on the specimen when scanning.
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
Highly Versatile Tool
- Perfectly suited for long seam weld inspection on flat specimen or pipe, and for corrosion mapping
- Easy to deploy and able to encode in raster scan across long distances, providing C-Scan mapping of large composite parts
- Quick & efficient solution for the assessment of damaged or freshly repaired CFRP surfaces
- Two integrated encoders; 2D scanning precision
- Non marring wheels with integrated magnets; Safe to use on composite, asy to use on steel
- Brake that locks the location of the scanner at the desired position
- Individual probe suspension that can be fixed axially or laterally
- Can support up to two Phased Array (PA) probes at the same time; Compatible with most Phased Array wedges
|Pipe Range, Circumferential||4’’ NPS (4.5’’) to flat|
|Pipe Range, Longitudinal||4’’ NPS (4.5’’) to flat|
|Radial Clearance||48mm (1.9″) on a 4″ NPS pipe; 70mm (2.8″) on plane surface|
|Probe Holding Capacity||2 phased array probes with option|
|PA Probe Holder Minimum Wedge Width||15.6mm (0.61″)|
|PA Probe Holder Maximum Wedge Width||75.6mm (2.98″)|
|Umbilical Length||3m (10′)|
|Cart Height||70mm (2.75″)|
|Cart Width||146mm (5.75″)|
|Cart Length||144mm (without probe) (5.67″)|
|Cart Weight||1.2kg (2.7lbs)|
|Operating Temperature||-20°C (-4°F) to 50°C (122°F)|
Specifications listed may change without prior notification.