Y-2 AC Electromagnetic Yoke
The Y-2 is an AC electromagnetic yoke, ergonomically designed to improve productivity and reduce operator arm and wrist fatigue. The yoke generates a strong AC magnetic field for the detection of surface indications during magnetic particle testing.
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
Lightweight with an ergonomic grip and trigger, the Y-2 is designed for the rugged demands of field inspection. Featuring a field swappable cord and isolated trigger switch; the Y-2 is easily serviceable because a severed cord should not stop a job from getting done.
A super bright LED attachment is available as an optional item to help illuminate the inspection area while simultaneously magnetizing the part. All-in-one Kits are also available, including #1 Gray and #8A Red magnetic powders, a yellow paint marker, and cleaning cloth, for a full inspection kit in one convenient carrying case.
Increase inspector productivity and reduce physical fatigue
- Less arm strain, wrist fatigue and physical stress help operators get more done due to the lightweight and ergonomic design.
- Easily position the yoke in any direction with lightweight, heavy-duty and powerful electronics components.
Keep tools in service with a design that’s built to last
- Cords and triggers can be easily replaced, so work doesn’t stop and tools aren’t scrapped due to accidental damage.
- Prevent dust and dangerous water damage with an IP54 o-ring sealed housing.
- Ergonomic, light-weight design
- IP54 sealed housing resists dust and water
- Field-swappable power cord
- Isolated, replaceable trigger switch
- Steel shields for leg protection
- Exceeds ASTM lifting specifications
- Convenient carrying case supplied with all yoke shipments
- Optional LED yoke light lasts longer and is more intense compared to traditional bulbs
• ASME BPVC
• ASTM E709
• ASTM E1444
• ASTM E3024
• ISO 9934
• API 6A
• AWS D1.1