SURF-X Non-Ferrous Array Probe
The Zetec Surf-X line of surface array probes – featuring a unique flexible circuit design and proprietary X-Probe technology, Surf-X Probes can lower total cost of ownership, provide excellent data quality and significantly reduce inspection time compared with other inspection methods. The Surf-X Non-Ferrous Array Probe can handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
Request a Quote
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
Surf-X Probes are a smart investment delivering the following advantages:
Fast inspections, no chemicals
- Chemical Testing Replacement: Surface array probes are a cost-effective, chemical-free replacement for Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT) and Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Single Sensor Probe Replacement: The surface array option can reduce inspection time by up to 95% versus traditional pencil probes
Accurate, high quality results
- Rotatable Encoder is standard, providing easy identification of flaw locations and dimensions
- Position indicators on the probe help with alignment and ensure the entire area of interest is inspected
- Patented and proven X-Probe technology-based coil set delivers added dependability and accuracy
- Operates in absolute and multiple modes of driver pickup
Low cost of ownership
- Long life wear material tested to 10,000ft. on a weld
- Field-replaceable components can be swapped out in less than 5 minutes
Cost-effective, highly portable surface array solution
When the Surf-X Array Probe is used along with the Zetec MIZ-21C Handheld Eddy Current Instrument, it’s one of the most cost-effective, portable surface array solutions in the market. This solution delivers significant inspection advantages over Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT) and Magnetic Particle Testing (MT).
|Coverage Width||Absolute 1.7in. (43.2mm); Driver Pickup 1.5in. (38.1mm)|
|Cable Adapter Lengths||6ft (1.8m)|
|Materials||Non-Ferrous; Ferrous (surface flaws)|
|Penetration Depth||Up to 1/4 (6.3mm)|