SURF-X Array Probe
Introducing the Surf-X family of flexible Eddy Current Array (ECA) probes. Featuring unique multiple coil sets and proprietary X-PROBE technology, Surf-X array probes can quickly and accurately test a wide range of materials and geometries. The Surf-X Array Probe can handle a range of inspection applications, from inspecting corrosion or cracking in pipes, pressure vessels, or tanks, to assessing and sizing cracks in raised welds and friction stir welds.
Request a Quote
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
Save time and money
- Electronics module and detachable encoder can be used interchangeably and re-used with any subsequent Surf-X array probe coil sets
- Field interchangeable coil sets easily adapt to different materials and surface geometries at the inspection site
- Detachable handles to accommodate different applications and complex geometries
- Preset test configurations
- Ability to revise filters to optimize results
Fast inspections, no chemicals
- Chemical Testing Replacement: Surface array probes are a cost-effective, chemical-free replacement for Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT) and Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Single Sensor Probe Replacement: The surface array option can reduce inspection time by up to 95% versus traditional pencil probes
Accurate, high quality results
- Better coverage vs. traditional handheld probes
- Rotatable Encoder is standard, providing easy identification of flaw locations and dimensions
- Position indicators on the probe help with alignment and ensure the entire area of interest is inspected
- Patented and proven X-PROBE technology-based coil set delivers added dependability and accuracy
- Operates in absolute and multiple modes of driver pickup
Interchangeable Coil Sets
With Surf-X array probes, users in the field can change a coil set in less than a minute enabling the probe to easily adapt to different materials and surface geometries at the inspection site. Choose the coil set for your specific inspection application:
Surf-X Weld Array Probe Coil Set: Innovative and patent pending mix of array and +point coils. The +point coils find indications in the hard to inspect weld toes while the array coils quickly inspect the remaining weld and heat affected zones. Handles have been designed to make inspecting butt and t-welds a breeze.
Surf-X Flex Array Probe Coil Set: Flexible probe allowing detailed inspection on all materials and many geometries. Ideal for testing rows of flush rivets, replacing handheld probes. Replace your dye penetrant testing on helicopter spars, train wheels or mining drums.
Surf-X Low Frequency Flex Probe: Ideal for testing thicker plates to find both near and far side indications. Can be used with a bend radius of 2 inches or longer.
Surf-X Tape Probe: Ideal for testing smooth surfaces and complex geometries such as turbine dovetails. Capable of finding very tiny surface flaws.
Versatile Electronics Module
The Surf-X array probe‘s electronics module and cable design offers breakthrough inspection efficiencies. This component can be used interchangeably across probe coil sets delivering material cost savings after initial purchase. With subsequent Surf-X array probe purchases, the module can be re-used saving time and money.
Surf-X array probes come with a highly versatile, detachable encoder that can connect in multiple locations on both the handle and electronics module providing maximum versatility when it comes to dealing with multiple positions as you probe. For cost efficiency, the encoder can be used and re-used interchangeably with all Surf-X array probe coil sets.
With interchangeable electronics module, detachable encoder and coil sets, Surf-X array probes provide flexibility and cost efficiencies like never before.
Wear Surface options
Surf-X interchangeable coil sets come with three wear surface options:
UHMW for inspecting small indications on smooth materials.
Cloth wear surface for protecting the array coils on smooth or polished surfaces. Ideal for airplane skins or smooth curved surfaces.
SuperFabric for protecting array coils on rough surfaces like Butt and T-Welds.
For a lower total cost, excellent data quality and reduced inspection time compared to other methods, consider Surf-X array probes.
Cost-effective, highly portable surface array solution
When the Surf-X Array Probe is used along with the Zetec MIZ-21C Handheld Eddy Current Instrument, it’s the most cost-effective, portable surface array solution in the market. This solution delivers significant inspection advantages over Liquid Penetrant Testing (PT) and Magnetic Particle Testing (MT).