SigmaCheck 2 Eddy Current Conductivity Meter
The Ether NDE SigmaCheck 2 Eddy Current Conductivity Meter is designed to give accurate conductivity measurements while offering the user the very best in reliability, usability, technology and cost-effectiveness. The SigmaCheck 2 is extremely user friendly and can just as easily be operated by a semi-skilled Operator as by Experts. It is equally at home in the Aerospace, Metals Processing, Casting, Maintenance and Quality Assurance industries as well as appealing to Heat Treatment Specialists.
Request a Quote
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
The SigmaCheck 2 may be used to comply with the requirements of the following inspection procedures:
- Boeing BAC5651
- Airbus AITM 6-6004
- ASTM E1004
- BS EN 2007
- Bell Helicopter BPS 4453
- Material Verification / Metal Sorting.
- Heat Treatment Verification.
- Heat or Fire Damage Investigation.
- Non-conductive Coating Thickness Measurement.
- Determining the Purity Composition of Materials. I.e. Gold Bullion and Coins, Bar Stock.
- Aircraft Structures. E.g. Paint Thickness Measurement
- Assessment of Ageing of Aluminum Profiles
- High Resolution Colour Display (2.8”, 320 pixels by 240 pixels).
- Accurate Conductivity Range (0.5% IACS to 110% IACS, 0.28-64 MS/m).
- Wide range of Frequencies for testing thin materials (60kHz, 120kHz, 240kHz, 480kHz). Option of 960kHz.
- Non-conductive Coating Thickness Measurement display up to 0.5mm.
- Lightweight (350 grams / 12 oz). Ergonomic Slim-Line Case design and easy to hold Probe with adjustable finger-grip.
- Two-Year Warranty on Instrument (excludes batteries).
- User programmable display.
- 2GB of data storage.
- Able to store over one million data points.
- Uploaded data can be viewed using MS Excel.
- Intelligent charger via USB Port or AC Supply.
- Multiple languages available. E.g. English, German, French, Spanish.
- Excellent resistance to “edge effect”.
- Rapid Display of Conductivity Results.
- Battery life (up to 6 hours).
- Firmware can be upgraded in field.
- Different probes may be configured by loading the appropriate probe map from SD Card.
- Real-time clock for time and date so that readings can be “stamped”.
- Real-time PC control via USB or optional RS232 link.
|Inspection Technology||Eddy Current.|
|Operating Frequencies||60 kHz, 120 kHz, 240 kHz, 480 kHz, 960 kHz.|
|Conductivity Range||0.5 % IACS to 110 % IACS, 0.28-64 MS/m|
|Accuracy||At 20 °C: At 10 % IACS: ±0.1 % IACS. At 100 % IACS: ±0.5 % IAC
Over Range 0-40°C: At 10% IACS: ±0.2% IACS. At 100% IACS: ±0.8% IACS
Probe in thermal equilibrium with metal.
|Display Resolution||Up to 3 decimal places|
|Lift Off||13 mm probe compensated to 0.020” (0.5mm) 7 mm probe compensated to 0.010” (0.25 mm)|
|Temperature Measurement||In-probe sensor (accurate to 0.5 °C). Range 0 °C to + 50 °C|
|Automatic Temperature Compensation||Conductivity measurements are corrected to the 20°C value.|
|Environmental Range||0 to 95% relative humidity, 0°C to + 50°C for reliable operation|
|Display||2.8” (70mm) 320 x 240 pixels colour display. LCD with selectable backlight.|
|Construction & Storage||High impact, splash-proof, moulded UL94-5VA flame-retardant ABS case. Protective rubber boot to protect the unit, probes, probe cable, operator manual on USB, and removable stand.|
|Conductivity Standards||On top of unit. Removable for value verification, and when attached ensures thermal equilibrium.|
|Power||2 x 1.5 V AA NiMH Batteries, Approx up to 6 hrs life. Can also use non-rechargeable AA cells.|
|Size||163mm Long x 80mm Wide x 25mm Deep|
|Weight||350g (0.77 pounds) including batteries|
|Data Logger Memory||Removable 2GB micro SD Card allowing over 1 million readings to be stored.|
|PC Connectivity||USB port for charger and PC communications|
|Probes||12.7 mm diameter for 60 kHz to 480 kHz. 7 mm probe operates at 480 kHz & 960 kHz. Probes are interchangeable with simple operator resetting procedure. Probes are field exchangeable and do not require return to manufacturer for calibration.|
|Accessories||Settings Reference Blocks – A range of conductivity references standards traceable to US and European standards are available for in-field use. Up to five can be mounted on an aluminium anodised holding plate.|