Phoenix R-Evolution Ultrasonic Array Roller Probe
The Phoenix R-Evolution is an ultrasonic array probe housed in a lightweight water-filled roller, delivering fast immersion quality C-scan inspections in the palm of your hand.
Designed to minimize operator fatigue, it is small and light making it ideal for use on large areas and particularly overhead inspections.
Request a Quote
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
Typical applications for R-Evolution include
- Aerospace – In-service c-scans, Bond Inspection, Delamination or defect detection in composites
- Wind Energy – Blade spar, leading and trailing edge bond inspection
- Pipelines and Vessels – Corrosion mapping, Bond testing on overlapping joints
Ergonomic in design, R-Evolution contains an ultrasonic array probe, mounted in a small diameter, water-filled roller. With its durable thin tyre, high frequency probes can be used to give excellent near surface resolution enabling the inspection of thin components.
R-Evolution’s buggy self-normalises on curved surfaces ensuring the array is perpendicular without adjustment. The array angle can additionally be easily fine-tuned externally.
The buggy handle features two line lasers for guidance and buttons that can be configured with appropriate instruments to start, stop or increment scans.
R-Evolution has a single axis encoder for inspecting c-scan strips or can be attached to the Phoenix Tracer for a versatile and portable large area c-scan inspection system.
- Lightweight and ergonomic – < 1kg
- High resolution with high frequencies – up to 10MHz
- Self-normalises on curved components
- Two guidance lasers mark the outer extents of the array
- Compatible with Tracer for dual-axis, large area inspections
- Indexing and start/pause buttons to interface with compatible instruments
- Array roller probe (specify frequency and instrument when ordering)
- Self-normalising buggy with laser guidance or blank handle
- Integrated encoder (specify instrument when ordering)
- Tyre filling accessories
- Water spray bottle
- Protective carry case
- Flexible array transducer
- Rubber housing set to a nominal geometry
- Encoder with 5m cable
- Protective carry case
Options & Accessories:
- Available with handle featuring laser guidance and start/increment buttons or blank handle
- Spare replacement tyres
- Encoder splitter cable to enable lasers to operate whilst connected to Tracer