Eddy Current Testing Level I
GE’s Eddy Current Testing Level I course, now utilizing the Mentor EM flaw detector, teaches the fundamentals of eddy current testing. Students will learn the principles of the technology and application of the method.
Request a Quote
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
The course includes hands-on training and inspection of test parts with known defects. The basic concepts covered are:
- Introduction to eddy current testing physics and controlling principles
- Electromagnetic theory related to generation of eddy currents
- Material factors affecting eddy current fields
- Impedance factors affecting eddy current fields
- Properties of eddy currents
- Types of eddy current probes and equipment
- Selection of inspection parameters
- Readout mechanisms for eddy current indications
- Applications of eddy current testing
This 40-hour course meets or exceeds the requirements of SNT-TC-1A and NAS-410.