Eddy Current Testing Level II
GE’s Eddy Current Testing Level II course, now utilizing the Mentor EM flaw detector, teaches advanced concepts and principles of eddy current testing. Students will build on their level I knowledge and gain more detailed knowledge of principles of the technology.
Request a Quote
We pride ourselves in providing fast deliveries. However inventory changes rapidly and on occasion some items may not be in stock. If you require an expedited shipment, please contact us via e-mail or call our office to confirm availability of an item. *Nominal lead times vary by product.
The course includes hands-on training and inspection of test parts with known defects. The basic concepts covered are:
- A review of electromagnetic theory
- Factors affecting coil impedance for the material and test system
- Signal –to-noise ratio factors and improvement
- Proper selection of test frequency for materials
- Coupling of eddy current fields
- Field strength and factors affecting it
- Equipment and applications
- Indication identification and evaluation
- Conductivity testing
- Standards and operating procedures
- Quality control of equipment and processes
This 40-hour course meets or exceeds the requirements of SNT-TC-1A and NAS-410. Successful completion of an Eddy Current Testing Level 1 class is a pre-requisite for this course.